Dream with me for a minute.
Dream of 2016 and beyond! Included below is the “edited rough draft of the 1st draft” of an updated vision plan for 2016-2020. I would encourage you to take a look at this 1st draft and while you do, think about these questions:
- What’s good about this?
- What’s missing?
- What would you not include?
- Does this accurately represent the ministry goals of Trinity Lutheran today?
Think about it, take notes, make edits, talk about it with others. And then let me know what you think!
Growing on Broadway
Our Core Values:
Stewardship is everything we do after we say we believe. It is how we care for all we have been given.
We are called to create places of belonging, where all have a place to call home, where we might dare to grow in God’s love.
We expect that God moves among us, disrupting and disturbing us, shaking us out of comfort and into transformation for the sake of the Kingdom.
We seek to be a community of faith that reflects the diversity of the neighborhood to which we have been called.
1. Spiritual Growth – In 2020, we are a people committed to Spiritual Growth. We are alive with people growing in and being transformed by faith. And we are nurturing our Spiritual Growth through.
- Vibrant Worship
- Reading the Bible
- Faith in Daily Life
2. Involvement – In 2020, we are a people who are actively engaged in our faith community as well as our neighborhood, reaching in and reaching out to build places of belonging. We are growing our involvement through:
- Mission Hub
- Community Relationships.
- Talent Bank
3. Collaboration – In 2020, we are a people who thrive in collaboration with our neighbors and other partner organizations. Together, we are a more complete reflection of the Kingdom of God. We are growing our collaborations through:
- Youth Faith Development
- Workcamp 2017 and Beyond
- Our Building
4. Nourishment – In 2020, Trinity Lutheran Church will be a place where people are nourished in mind, body, and spirit. God has gifted us greatly and we are called to use those gifts to nourish others. We nourish others through:
- Feed the hungry, clothe the naked
- Care of the Earth
- Healthy communication